Friday, January 13, 2012

Where has the time gone?

It really is true how time seems to fly by. Everyone always says, "Enjoy it now, because tomorrow you'll be taking them to college!" Or something to that extint. Today (January 12th) marks the girls 11 month day, and I am amazed at how fast it flew by. I can honestly say that it really does feel like just yesterday that I was a sleep deprived zombie hugging a pillow that I thought was a swaddled baby. So to mark this last month before we hit the "years" I've decided I wanted to do a "remembering the small things" post. A post where I write out all the adorable little things they do that keep me smiling, so that later when I'm an empty nester and trying not to get in the car to go to whatever college (ahem Texas A&M) they decide to attend, I will be able to remember these things and smile (and more than likely cry, because I'm crying while typing this). There won't be as many pictures in this post because it isn't very easy to get the girls to do their little things once they see the camera. I swear that as soon as I turn it on and it makes it's little start up sound, they whip their little heads around and quit doing whatever cute thing they were doing. Guess I'll just have to try and describe some of them.

The thing I want to remember most is that look of complete love in their eyes when they look at me (speaking personally because, well I can only see through my eyes). It's like they don't care about anything going on around them, they just want to see me looking back at them and smiling. And those beautiful smiles that I receive in return. They just melt my heart daily. Both of my girls have just the most adorable smile while still being unique to themselves. They truly are little people now, they can all but walk by themselves (they are getting SO close!) They want to eat our food now, and less of their baby food with the exception that they still love their bottle. But if I'm eating or even in the kitchen where they think I am eating they start throwing a fit because they want to be eating it too! I've even had to start baking extra biscuits in the morning because I know that they together will eat at least one of mine. Oh and we can't forget the juice. My sweet Addie has taken to the juice like no other. She will down her sippy cup and then find (or take) her sister's, she loves it! She knows how to stand up and tilt her head back to get the juice to her mouth, and every now and then she will throw her head back drink then bring her head back to normal just to do it all again. And they are both getting so good at signing. They do very will mimicking me, all I have to say is "pattycake" and they both start clapping, and when I wave at them they wave back. Addie is a two handed, splayed fingers waving side to side (like she's washing something) and Reagan is a loose wrist waver sometimes with one hand other times with both. And it is a hoot when you start clapping excitedly and saying "yay!" or some other happy exclaimation, they both go crazy! Adalyn especially will start clapping wildly, opens her mouth as big as she can and squeals! Reagan is just happy smiling, laughing, and clapping along (I think she just thinks WE are funny!) Speaking of Reagan, she has made up her own game of "catch me if you can," I'm not sure what started it, but I noticed it here lately that she was crawling away from me when I was reaching for her. For example she would spit up and I would get up to get a rag and when I would go to wipe it away, she would start crawling as fast as she could in the other direction. At first I was slightly annoyed because it usually meant that she was getting her spit up all over her and the floor, but then I realized she was LAUGHING at me. She was playing tag! So one day after Rush got home from work I was showing him what I figured out and it was the most fun! Reagan would crawl some distance away (laughing), stop to see how close I was (or to make sure I was coming), and then squeal and crawl some more (still laughing.) Rush got such a kick out of it, I think he was laughing as hard as Reagan. She has also started this new head shaking thing. I'm not sure where that came from either. Watch the video I posted and you'll see what I mean. It's soo stinkin' cute and she'll do it if Rush and I shake our heads at her. I'm pretty sure Addie just thinks we're all crazy, but she's the one who has perfected the raspberry. She loves to just sit there and "ppppptttttttttttt" "pppptttttttttt" "pppttttt" all day long. She even knows that the best time to do it is when it is absolutely hear-a-pin-drop quiet in church. On January 1st we had the girls baptized at the church we've joined over in Castroville, and I believe it was during a prayer, when Addie just let out a big ol raspberry and had everybody giggling and trying not to laugh. It was adorable.

Did I mention how smart my babies were? Well we usually barracade them into the living room with large pillows off of our couch, but recently we had to up the size because they figured out how to climb over them! And that's not even my "smart baby" point! One day I was in the office on the computer (probably looking at pinterest for ideas for the girls birthday :)) when I heard a "slap slap" of little hands on tile. So I was quiet for a bit, I wanted to see/hear where they were going to go, and I'll be darned if they didn't bypass all the fun of our room, the dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom, and their room and head straight to the game/guest room where they have more toys! They truly are their daddy's daughters because they knew exactly where they wanted to go and how to get there. Other babies would have gotten lost on the way (I'm just saying.) ;)

I need to video their laughs and smile, I don't have the best memory and I just know it will be a faint memory once their older. I love that they are so playful and animated and just love to be hanging out with mommy, because if time keeps flying by I know soon it won't be so "cool" to hang out with me. I love that they don't care how many times I kiss them or squeeze them, they just smile back at me with "I love you too Mommy" written all over their face. These girls amaze me everyday and make me thankful that God trusted me enough to give them to me. Adalyn and Reagan you are more loved than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so sweet! This made ME cry too! I love hearing about their little details. Such precious girls!

    ReplyDelete