Sunday, January 15, 2012

Remembering the little things (continued)

(I started this post on Friday but am just now finishing it!)

The post I wrote last night was very lengthy and yet I didn't get all of the "little things" in it! There are just so many sweet little things they do, I don't know if I'll ever get them all written down. Well this morning when I gave them their bottles I remembered more of their adorable quirks. Like the way they hold their legs up in the air while they are drinking their bottle, they also rotate their ankles to make their feet "dance" and it is just so cute. Or the way they are always dancing! I think we will either have little musicians or dancers or even BOTH, they just love music! Any time one of their toys starts playing music they start grooving, whether it is a shake of the head or a bounce or a little waist wiggle, they let their body move to the music. I'm going to make a point to get them music and dance lessons. We've also discovered that they love to bounce! Especially when we throw them up in the air or make it seem like they are jumping on our bed, they just giggle and smile so big. I even started putting pillows on the ground for them to play on. They'll sit on them and bounce and lay on them and let their head hang over or roll around. Maybe for their next birthday we will do a bounce house! Have I mentioned how much they love couches? Notice I didn't say "our" couch, because I think they just love any big cushioned thing. They go crazy when we set them on a couch (we stay to make sure they don't fall off, I don't want you thinking we just set them on a couch and leave) they crawl all over and lean over the edge (we've had to catch them a few times before they landed head first) and stand up just to fall on their bottom. It's like it's their own little jungle gym. Oh and naptime. They are so good to me. All I have to do is set them down in their crib and walk out and usually within 30 minutes they have played themselves to sleep. I even have to go in there to move their legs out from under them every now and then. It's like someone flipped a switch and they fell face first over their legs (imagine you sitting cross legged and then leaning straight forward fell asleep) sounds pretty uncomfortable so I move their legs, that and I'm afraid their leg(s) will fall asleep and then wake them up. Kind of ironic isn't it? The leg falls asleep but wakes the baby up. :) Also the way my little Addie goes head first into the bumper to sleep. They both like to snuggle with the bumper, but Addie takes it to a whole new level. She crawls into the corner until her head hits the bumper, and then drops (literally) and falls asleep. And every now and then I catch her using the bumber like a pillow. Since it can be squished down she just lays on the part sticking out.

They have also become very good players of Peek-a-boo! They just squeal when I "fluff" a blanket in the air and make it land on them. They will even wait for me to say, "Where's Reagan/Addie?" Then they pull the blanket off really quick with a big ol grin. They'll even put the blanket/towel/burp cloth over their head and wait a second before they pull it off quickly waiting for us to say "peek-a-boo!" I'm pretty sure I mentioned that the girls were getting better about signing (and knowing what it means) and I think somehow Reagan has started signing her own thing. She puts her thumbs on her head with her other fingers splayed out like antlers. I've been trying to get a picture but haven't had any luck yet, and I haven't figured out what it means either...still working on that one.

Hopefully this coming Tuesday I'll have a chance to sit down and work on a photo post, but I've started going to Sew 'n Sew meetings at the church. It's mainly for banners and such for the church, but it's a way for me to help the church and probably learn quite a few tips as well! Anyways that is Tuesday mornings after I drop the girls off at Mother's Day Out, so I only have two hours left to work on other things (here lately it's been planning the girls' birthday party and figuring out what crafts I want to do for it) and any big time cleaning of the house (vacuuming, scrubbing, laying a patio, etc.) Which I'll also have to post pictures of our back patio that we are thisfar from finishing! Again, pictures to come. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment