Thursday, October 13, 2011

My first experience with a consignment sale

After hearing about all the loot my sister in law would come home with for my nephew, I knew I had to check it out! *A BIG shout out to Liesl, who turned me on to consignment sale shopping, I couldn't have found this many awesome deals, or afforded all this without JBF.* I did some research about what I might need and what to expect, so Rush watched the girls, I wore tennis shoes, brought along a rolling cart, and took my Momma with me! Since I was a first time mom and military (I only needed to be one, not both) I was able to get into the Pre-Sale. It. Was. AwEsOmE! I got some great gear and clothes for the girls. I could've easily gotten more things/clothes/gear for the girls.

Ok so enough of the chit-chat, here are the pictures!

*Disclaimer: I already threw the price tags away, so the prices are to the best of my memory (which we all know is not the best!) I do know that I came in under $201.00!

4 piece button outfits! Now that the weather is cooler, the girls can wear all parts of the outfit. $10 each.
Old Navy pants/capris $3.50 each
Children's Place sparkly shrugs $4.00 each
Baby Gap sweaters $5.00 each
Cherry sweat outfits $4.00 each
BRAND NEW, never worn red boots $5.00 each
Pink cowgirl hat $3.50 (we figured it was too good to pass up and that we can find another later!)
Matching shopping cart/highchair covers $20.00 TOTAL
Smaller diaper bag (for quick trips) $4.00
Play table (going to be for Christmas) $10.00
And the big ticket item (one I didn't think would still be there) a bicycle trailer (for 2) $75.00!
This thing is in great condition! Brand new they are easily around $250.00! Only thing I am missing is the owner's manual, but I think I can find one and print it off online.
Now I just need to find me a good working bike...

For those interested in going to one of these, it is put on by Just Between Friends all over the U.S. You can easily google them and then find the one closest to you. They only have 2 sales a year, one in spring and one in fall. Next year's spring is scheduled for mid April, and you can bet I plan on being there! I'm also thinking I might try to consign some items because you get in to the sale earlier than anyone else! :)

1 comment:

  1. CuTE!! You found such adorable clothes and got some awesome deals. I'm glad you had so much fun! (And I think the girls need some pictures wearing those adorable shrugs!)

    ReplyDelete