Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How are they 8 months old already??

I know I will probably be saying this for the rest of my life, but I really do feel like it was just yesterday that we brought the girls home from the hospital! We are only 4 months away from celebrating their first year of life, and I'm starting to feel like I'm not ready. I want to do so much and I'm sure 4 months is plenty of time, but I'm also thinking about Thanksgiving, Rush's birthday, and of course Christmas (the girls' first so I want to make it BIG!)

Well lets get back on track, today the girls are 8 months old and this past month we celebrated MANY milestones. During their 7 month of life, both girls have started "crawling" not in a very mobile, follow me around the house kind of way, but they manage to get around fairly well. They've also had their 1st tooth (teeth in Reagan's case), they've also become amazing at sitting themselves up and grabbing/playing with things without falling over, and lastly just yesterday I saw Adalyn stand herself up for a split-second before she fell back down.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking...
Chilling in our high chairs, about to eat dinner as a family
Reagan showing off her sitting skills
The girls love their play center (I can't think of the proper name at the moment), I need to get a before and after picture of the alligator that they demolish as soon as they get in it!
This gummy grin just won't be the same once she has teeth! I love Reagan's gummy smile.
Can you see Adalyn's pretty little tooth? It's not a spit bubble! Looking at her it's the front bottom left tooth.
I think she hams it up for me (which I love, and she comes by it honestly!)
We eat most of our snack and wear the rest!
Momma got too close with the camera and four little hands were all over the camera strap before I realized what was going on!
"What do you mean this isn't a toy?"
Addie's big smile, "I got the camera!"
Absolutely precious
Who knew bottle lids were such great toys? The girls love to play with them after they're done. :)
If she can, Reagan will hold something in her other hand as she drinks her bottle.
Mimi & Poppy are ready for the game just as much as the girls are!

Love it!
*'nuff said*
Adalyn was playing with the neck pillow, when I tried to get a picture she spotted me!
The girls' first time in jeans! I also painted their shirts!

My girls are just so precious! :)
All of our Camp Lejeune friends and us at the Alamo! Left to right: Stefanie, Hanna, & Brock Lennon, Kristen & Brian Rabuka, Us, and Kristal & Brian Pegram (who are expecting a bundle of joy April 2012!)
The girls first time at the Alamo!
I just recently spotted Adalyn stand up for a split-second (before falling back down) so I ran to get the camera in hopes that I could catch her doing it again. We didn't get a standing shot, just her trying to stand.
Working on those leg muscles!
Oh darn! She spotted me.
"HI Momma!"
Reagan was just chillin' watching me take a million pictures of Adalyn.
She has a contaigous smile, you can't help but smile back at her!
She's already working on getting into the vcr/dvd & direct tv boxes!
"Look Ma! No hands!" :)
Beautiful smile! Showing off her tooth!
The girls playing together after their breakfast
The oh-so-threatening alligator (I don't think it's a crocodile because the snout isn't long and skinny) toy on their play center. It's the first thing they "destroy" when they are set in it.
The threat has been eliminated. It is now safe to commence play with all the other toys.
Happy 8 Months! This is the best picture I could get, they refused to sit still and leave the dolls alone. Oh well, as long as they're happy!
"Open mouth, insert (doll's) foot."
While I was trying to get their picture Adalyn held the doll's foot in her mouth and wouldn't let go!


I hope you enjoyed all the pictures! I'm hoping I can start doing more detailed posts now that I'm caught up. Up next is about my first Consignment Sale! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to get Karlie that high chair. Do you like it? The girls are super cute and so happy all the time! Its great you can catch smiles. Karlie smiles until the camera comes out and then she just stares at it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the pictures! The onesie's you painted turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete