Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grandpa Wades E. Moring

Life has been pretty crazy lately, but yesterday it was nice to be able to be with family all day while we said goodbye and laid my Grandpa to rest. I don't know if y'all recall one of my recent posts, but it was about us being in Floresville and visiting Grandpa in the VA Home. I am so glad that we were able to go and see him (and Grandma of course!) because while we were there he was completely aware and as mobile as he could be (he was able to hold the girls, one at a time) for about an hour (he usually would get tired not long after we were there.)
I always try to remember Grandpa as the strong healthy man he was and the many memories I have of him so as not to forget. Some of the small ones that are my favorite are just being down at the barn and pens with him while he would work, the frozen Snickers bars (cut in half) that we would get as a treat (it's more of a Grandma thing though), the Grape-Nuts cereal in the refrigerator, picking pecans and then getting to shell and eat them, and last but never least, getting a kiss on the cheek for every hello and goodbye.
It hasn't quite hit me yet that Grandpa is gone, I guess with his declining health he wasn't quite himself anymore, and towards the end it was a blessing for Grandpa to go home. He lived 91 great years (according to me, and I was only there for his last 26), he served his country, and was a God fearing man. What more could you ask for? Rest in peace Grandpa, you will be missed but I will see you again!





All my love Grandpa, until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment