Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So I found some pictures on my camera...

The pictures I found were from August 14th, 2010. The date that Rush's cousin Roy graduated from OCS! We were able to take off and drive up to Quantico to see the ceremony and help celebrate, and I was able to take a few pictures before my camera died. I'll try to describe what's happening in each picture and where Roy is (in the ones where they all look alike!) *Also Rush or Roy, if I label something incorrectly or screw something up, feel free to leave the correction in the comments and I'll edit it!*
Okay so I know it's kind of small, but Roy is the Marine located directly under Hawaii's flag at the very front. They are in formation coming in for the ceremony.
 Roy is smack dab in the middle of the picture, standing in the front, next to the guy that is all by himself.
 After the ceremony they walked out in formation. We had to wait for them to all leave before they were allowed to come back and talk to family and friends. Of course they were put to work picking up chairs that were located at both ends of the blacktop <-(for lack of a better word.) Roy is walking in front of the one guy that is taller than all the rest.
 There he is! HI ROY!
 I think he saw us, but had to pretend we didn't exist. (Just kidding, he waved back!)
 I found him! Rush and I stayed towards the back during this ceremony (located in the Marine Corps Museum) to let families get closer, so it was a mess trying to find everyone once it was over.
 Rush (I believe) is pinning on Roy's "butter bars" to his alphas. I don't know the technical term for the "butter bars", but it means he's a 2nd Lt!
 They look so much alike in this picture!
 In case you are wondering, we went further into the museum to get away from the crowds so that Roy could get "pinned" by his family. :)
 Proud Mama (Mary) pinning the "butter bars" on the lapels of Roy's alphas.
 Proud Papa (Howard) pinning the other "butter bar" on the other lapel of his alphas. Problem was trying to make them look even and symetric without a ruler. Yes, they have a ruler and guide book for how to put insignias on uniforms!
 And last but definitely not least, proud brother (Will) is pinning the last "butter bar" on Roy's cover (or hat for all the non-military.)
 Roy shaking hands (or was, I wasn't quick enough) and giving a silver dollar to one of his OCS instructors. *Roy or Rush please let me know if I messed this one up!
 Group shot! (On a side note, I can't believe how small my belly looks, once you're big it's hard to remember not being big!)
I hope you all enjoyed! We had a great time up in Quantico and are very proud of Roy! He's currently still in Quantico going through TBS (The Basic School, for Officers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment