Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

I am borrowing this poem from another USMC wife (thanks Brittany!) because it is fitting and I am very proud of my Marine!

A Marine’s Creed:
I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go, and did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing and reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness should I fail. I have seen the face of terror, felt the stinging cold of fear, and enjoyed the sweet taste of a moment’s love. But most of all I have lived times others would say were best forgotten. At least some day I will be able to say, I was proud of what I was and always will be …

A United States Marine!
 
HOORAH! I love you babe!
 
And for all the other vetrans out there, Thank You. I am one person who will never take for granted my freedom that you all fought so hard for, and many made the Ultimate Sacrifice. You are the reason we are the greatest country in the world! Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. You said it all! Tell Rush a extra special thank you from us.

    ReplyDelete