Monday, November 15, 2010

May I have this dance?

Before I get started I just wanted to say that we also celebrated Jake's and Jean's Birthdays this past week.
So HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry we weren't able to be there to help y'all celebrate, but I hope that you each had a wonderful day!

So last week on November 10th the Marine Corps celebrated their 235th birthday! And of course the Marine Corp (like every year) celebrates with dinner, dancing, and cake! One of my favorite things about the ball is that it's a formal affair, meaning I get to get all dolled up and get to see Rush in his "blues" or formal uniform. :) We didn't get to take too many pictures, but we did take a professional one there, I'm just waiting for them to email me! This year I not only got to dance with Rush a few times, but I got to have a dance with Gen. Miller, and then watch him salsa dance with his wife (Rush of course was not willing to salsa dance with me!) ;) We also watched the Gen. in charge of 2nd division do a little jig on the dance floor (he wasn't the only one dancing, but he was hard to miss since he's such a big guy!) So here are the few pictures I did take!

This was of the band that played for us during the ceremony part of the ball!
 Rush and me at our table :)
 My hair (I should've taken more pics, but oh well...)
 This is for Jess and Robin! Belly shot (25 weeks) all dressed up. :)
Hopefully I'll get the shower pictures put up soon too!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly girl you are big, but you are carrying two. It looks like you are full term. Yikes!
    Ok, so this totally reminds me of myself on your wedding day wearing the same dress. I was told I looked like a blueberry, but I won't tell you the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete