Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where do I even begin?!

For those of you who don't know, my grandma Mooney passed away this past Thursday. I was very lucky to be able to get a last minute flight down to San Antonio to see her and talk to her Wednesday and was able to be there with my family Saturday when we laid her to rest. I am very grateful that I was able to make this last minute trip. This wasn't unexpected, but it was quicker than we expected. And sometimes quicker can be better. Mooney didn't suffer long term in a nursing home or in hospice which I believe to be a blessing in itself. She lived a long fullfilled life and made a difference in many others. Looking back I am glad that I got to spend those years at home before Rush and I got married. I was able to spend time with Mooney while driving her to the doctor (she liked to call me her "Crazy Wreck Driver" even though we never once had an accident or a close call and I always got her there on time :)  ), helping her around the house (mostly with George the dog) and also with the cattle (Dad and Uncle Jesse did most of the work, I can only take credit for Buttercup and Wesley). Speaking of Buttercup and Wesley, to those who don't know, they were a set of twin calves that one of Mooney's cows had and was having trouble feeding. Twin calves are pretty rare, and we had to supplement these with bottles. Maybe God was testing me with twin calves and I passed! Anyways, Mooney was a sweet heart and I don't know that I ever heard her say anything hurtful about another. I couldn't have asked for a better Mooney. She will be very much missed, but I know that she is happy and in Heaven with Jesus, Papaw, and Bubba.

So that was my week and weekend last week, and as of Monday we now know what we are expecting in February! I am so excited, but I'm not going to tell you just yet. ;) Rush says I'm sadistic in that way. Anyways I wanted to give everyone one last chance to vote on our baby gender poll, and if you are one of the lucky few who we've managed to get a hold of, please do not vote. I am hoping in the next day or two we will have managed to get a hold of immediate family to let them know the news, and I will be able to post pictures of the twins showing their gender in the ultrasounds!

Until next time, thanks and Gig'Em! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment