Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We're almost to the half way mark!

Well nothing new has happened with the babies since finding out they were girls, people have started asking me if I feel them yet and I can't honestly say yes. I feel "flutters" randomly and when I stop to concentrate on them they never "flutter" again. Figures. :) I've also noticed that my belly button is changing rapidly. Weird I know, but it's flattening out and I'm working on being okay with an outtie for the next 4.5 months. I'm also in a stage where I definitely need to go shopping for more clothes. I've managed to get away with most of my regular clothes with a few maternity pieces mixed in, but I noticed today that my shirts aren't coming down as far as I would like, and honestly I just don't like the way they are fitting. Shucks, I HAVE to go shopping. ;)

Speaking of shopping I am about to go crazy with all of the different baby bedding options! There are just so many out there, I am starting to get amazingly overwhelmed by them. That and I'm picky. I want two different sets (either different color combinations or coordinating sets) so that they aren't exactly the same, and there aren't many options out there (that I like) for twin girls. I have mangaged to find a few "sets" but I'm not that good at the whole decision making thing when it comes to big purchases. Oh well, that's what family is for, right? To give opinions on these kinds of things and to help you make a decision? :)

On another topic, we had our first guests here at the new house! Quinn and one of his flight students came by over the weekend just to hang out with us! It was a fun weekend, we watched the Cowboys' first win of the season, went to the beach with the dogs and Rush busted out his boogie board (the waves were huge and he even shared it with Quinn and Aaron!), and the boys helped me babysit one night for a friend. Overall it was a successful weekend with AWESOME Fall weather! Who wants to be next?

Did I mention the awesome weather? Well this weekend was great, even though it has been raining solid pretty much since Sunday night, but this coming weekend is supposed to be another great one! In fact it's supposed to actually get chilly, and I would say I'm going to bust out my sweaters but I don't think there are many that will still fit me. Oh well, gotta get some of those too while I'm shopping. ;) Anyways I'm excited about the change in weather, we've got some fun activities planned and it's going to make them easier on me just by being cooler. My girlfriends and I are hoping to drive up to an outlet mall one weekend to do some shopping and Christmas shopping and then another weekend Rush and I and maybe another couple are planning on driving out to the Biltmore! YAY! I've been wanting to see that place for a while. Then we've got the Marine Corp Marathon up in DC on Halloween that is going to be a blast, even if I can't run the 10K. Some of my girlfriends are planning a small shower for me here in NC in November and then the Marine Corp Ball somewhere around the middle of the month, and then I am flying home for a shower and Thanksgiving! What's not to love about this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment