Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our Anniversary Road Trip!

I'm trying to catch up from where I left off before we moved halfway across the country. This is from back in May.

Rush and I have decided that every year to celebrate our marriage that we would take a trip. Our first anniversary we went to Hawaii for our "real" honeymoon, and since we've had TWO additions to our family we also decided that they were going to mostly be family trips every year. Maybe for the 5th, 10th, 15th, etc. we'll go somewhere by ourselves, but for all the others we are going to go somewhere as a family. That being said, for our second anniversary we decided to take the girls on their first roadtrip up the NC coastline to see the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. It was only a day trip, but we really enjoyed it! The girls did great and also went on their first ferry ride. I'll just post the pictures, they say a lot more than I can (and I'm not going to kid myself, the pictures are why you're here!) ;)

Stretching our legs and waiting for the ferry (and our 2 hour ferry ride!) It was very windy so we all had trouble keeping our eyes open for the picture. :) *Sidenote: see the outfits the girls are wearing? We were asked if one was a boy because she was in blue! It has FLOWERS on it! Seriously? I will give the guy the fact that he was old and that I didn't have bows on their head. I'm just glad he didn't ask if they were twins! Yes that is THE most common question I get!


We got one of the best places on the ferry!
 Reagan in the mirror :)
 Adalyn in the mirror :)
 The ferry route is on our gps!
Keeping the girls company
 Land HO! :)
 We wanted to eat here, but they were closed :(
What we came for!
 What good is a tiny lighthouse???
 Just kidding! ;P I love my little family!
 Another beautiful NC beach!
 Amazing view off the bridge!
 Bodie lighthouse! Too bad we didn't plan enough time in to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment