Thursday, August 18, 2011

Miss Ruby Jane

I know I've been absent (for QUITE a while) but before I get back into blogging and adding a TON of pictures, I wanted to share Miss Ruby Jane.



I have never met Miss Ruby Jane Taylor, and sadly never will. She was a fighter, but last week went home to be with our Heavenly Father. Ruby passed away at the young age of 7 months due to liver failure after a liver donor could not be found. I first found out about Ruby and her story on facebook (no surprise to some people) and cried myself to sleep. It broke my heart imagining another mother with a baby just one month older than my own dying and being completely helpless to stop it. Anyways before I start crying again, her story encouraged me to become an organ donor myself, and to give the gift of life. If you decide you would like to read her story, Ruby's mom has a blog http://www.aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/. Since Ruby has passed Ani (Ruby's mom) has handed over the reigns of her blog to her siblings while she mourns. There is also a fundraiser blog to help the Taylor family pay for medical expenses where they are auctioning off hundreds of unique items! Check it out at http://www.rubyjanetaylor.blogspot.com/! I've already bid on a few items but am waiting for closer to the end to see if I can outbid others for those items!

Anyways, if you would say a quick prayer for the Taylor family as they deal with the loss of their precious baby girl, and consider becoming an organ donor yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment