Friday, January 21, 2011

5/10 Cookbook!

I'm sorry I haven't been the best blogger lately! I thought I'd be more likely to blog once I quit working and it turns out I'd rather sit on our soft comfy couch than the hard barstool we have as a computer chair! LOL! Anyways I am actually here for a reason today, 5/10 is asking for help with a cookbook fundraiser. It's for a very good cause and is something that you can help with by either turning in a recipe, buying a cookbook, or just donating some money. Let me explain the cause to those who don't know much about the Marine Corp., every year the Marines get together (as close to Nov. 10th as they can) and have a Birthday Ball (to celebrate the birth of the Marine Corp.) It's always a lot of fun and who doesn't love getting to see Marines in uniform?! Personally I believe they have the BEST looking uniform. ;) Anyways, it is actually mandatory for the Marines to attend (not mandatory for the wives) and sadly if the company doesn't have the money then the Marines end up footing most of the bill. You see, even though it is mandatory, it isn't free. Marines have to pay for themselves (because it's mandatory) but can't always afford to pay for another ticket to take their wife/girlfriend/friend. SO back to my original point, this cookbook will hopefully raise enough money to throw a grand ball and also pay for some of the tickets for those young enlisted Marines who can't really afford it. I just wish we were going to be able to attend this ball come November, but happily we will be at our new station by then!

Alrighty then, let me climb off my soap box and get you the website! If you would like to make a recipe submission but don't quite have the computer skills please feel free to email it to me and I will input it on the site for you under your name. You can also purchase and make donations on this website as well.

Here it is, 5/10 Cookbook website.

Also just FYI, the babies are still doing great and happily growing in my uterus! Tomorrow makes 35 weeks which is a real blessing since most don't last this long in utero. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they really do make a difference! I'm going to try and update the blog within the next few days with all that has been going on in this Baskin household since we finally got our computer fixed and I can now upload PICTURES! Yay! :) Until then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment