Saturday, August 01, 2009

Well I got to talk to Rush yesterday afternoon for about twenty minutes, and he said that he is doing good, just misses his Copenhagen and gatorade powdered drink mixes. Oh and me of course. ;) As of now he is staying pretty busy in an area where either the phones don't work or they don't have one, so he is trying to call me once a week but it is still pretty random. And apparently even at 2 o'clock in the morning over there they still have a line of guys waiting to use the phone! So that's why our calls have been so short. It's a pretty big tease, and really frustrating when you can't get everything out that you want to say. He did mention to me that when he gets back (and even though it'll be winter) he wants to go swimming! So I've got to find a pool that'll be open in the winter, or he might just have to go swim in the Atlantic! Hopefully the Cooling Neck Scarves I made for him and a few of the guys will get to him while it is still hot. I'm not sure what the fall and winter are like in Afghanistan so I might be sending him sweats soon, who knows?! That and it takes forever for mail and packages to get to him, the average is about 4 weeks. But with his position now I am thinking that it is going to take longer. Well again he doesn't get to tell me much about what he is doing, and his usual answer to how he is doing is "fine." So I don't have much other than that to update everyone on. As for me, I am finally back in North Carolina to stay until Rush gets back. Mom drove back with me and we made a pit stop in Athens, GA for Baba's memorial (which was beautiful.) So I got to see my in-laws again which was nice. Then once mom and I got back to my house, we've been blowin' and goin' with getting everything looking like a home. She has helped me decorate just about every room in the house, and given me some great ideas for in the future. Then now that dad has gotten here (he flew in yesterday) we have managed to get just about every big picture hung up where it needs to go. So now I feel like I am walking into a totally different house (and I love it!) Thanks Mom and Dad! So now that we've worked hard, we are hoping to play hard at the beach tomorrow. :) Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Well, it's time to hit the sack so goodnight and sweet dreams everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment