Monday, June 22, 2009

Drum roll please...




















So here are my much anticipated paintings. I finally got them uploaded to the computer and downloaded to this blog. These paintings are done in about four hours each in a class that is given every week on base. Each week it's a new painting. The instructor is a certified Bob Ross teacher and she tells us pretty much what to do at each step. Of course everyone's painting is slightly different but overall they are kind of the same idea. Since I've never painted before I am mostly trying to learn techniques. These two are landscapes, and I've done wildlife (I just can't post it because it is a surprise gift for someone) and I hope to soon learn florals. Each kind varies greatly in colors and techniques so I have a lot to learn! But I always look forward to these classes. As soon as I get back home I'll keep downloading my recent paintings (now that I know how.)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the paintings! You did an EXCELLENT job- especially for doing it in 4 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these look great! I like your choice of colors & it looks like you're having fun with all the different techniques. Now don't be too modest, were your paintings the best in the class? Great job!

    ReplyDelete