Wednesday, December 08, 2010

You could call it the end of a chapter...

Well it's been a week since I've last posted, but I've got an excuse! (Who doesn't?) ;) Anyways, I finally have a new assistant to train to take my place at Furniture Fair, and teaching her seems to keep me pretty busy for the most part. But in about a week I will probably no longer be a working woman, but a stay-at-home-and-rest-up-to-delay-being-a-mom-too-soon woman. :) Either way I am looking forward to having time during the day to do what still needs to be done to prepare. There just isn't enough time between when I get home, cook (pick up) dinner, and when I want to go to bed to get everything done.

That and December has just been plain crazy! This month (as of today) I have: 6 dr appts (most will take half of my day), 4 events (5/10 wives gatherings and Christmas parties), too many little things around the house to do to count (decorating for Christmas and getting organized for babies), and 1 very special someone's birthday! On top of it all I am officially nesting because I am wanting to CLEAN everything! And those who know me, know that that IS unusual for me. :)

But during all of this Rush and I were able to get "adult" living-room furniture (no more mix matched pieces from college!) And I LOVE it! I will try and get a picture up soon so everyone can oooh and aaahh over it. I also took some time out to bake and decorate 48 sugar cookies for a cookie exchange with some other wives. I plan on shipping a majority of what I brought home out to the guys I know in Afghanistan who won't get to be home for Christmas this year. If anyone else feels the desire to do the same let me know and I will email you the address for the guys. Two are other Marine Lts we met here at Lejeune and the other is my older cousin Ryan.

Well until next time, take care and God Bless! (My sis decided that she was going to give me a deadline to get my hospital bag together by this coming weekend and some of the stuff I need is online so I need to hurry up and order it!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment